Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Raising a Writer Too!

All good things must come to an end, and today is the day that our esteemed houseguest Clifford will be returning to Kindergarten Kiddo’s classroom.  If you have no idea what I’m talking about, you can read all about it here.  When I came downstairs this morning, Kiddo was curled up on the couch with Clifford, reading over his travel journal.  Here’s Kiddo’s entry from his first stay in our home on September 28, 2011:



It says, “I love you Clifford. We had so much fun when you were here. I love you Clifford. We had apples and honey.” Don’t you love the invented spelling? I’m especially intrigued by her spelling of the word were (RWR).  She knew there should be a w in there somewhere, she’s just not sure where exactly to put it.

This time around she had even more to share.  Page one of her journal entry on March 5, 2012:

Page two from her journal entry on March 6, 2012:


I am amazed at the difference that a little more than 5 months can make!  I love her turn of phrase: “Did you know…” I’ll talk more about kid writing in a later post, but for now I have to get my Kiddo to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment