Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Not Reading – So Sue Me

Today was one of those rare spring days in the Pacific Northwest- a day of glorious sunshine and warmth.  I spent a lot of time out in it… in my car…driving all over town from one appointment to the next. I mean really, is there anything more guilt-inducing than a wasted day of sunshine? 

The one bright spot (bad pun, but I’m keeping it) in all this driving time was that I had a chance to catch up on some of my favorite podcasts.  I almost hesitate to tell you about them because most of the smart/interesting things I say in casual conversation come directly from what I hear in these podcasts.  I feel a bit exposed sharing them with you; it’s like finding out your friend’s impressive vocabulary comes not from his daily grappling with the New York Times crossword puzzle, but rather from his cheap word-a-day desk calendar. 
Okay, so here it goes: APM’s Dinner Party Download.  Check it out: you won’t be disappointed.

I also want to let you know about a new book blog that I just stumbled upon called 20somethings read.  The blog describes its target audience as 20 somethings who, now that they are no longer in school, are entering "a time to re-discover reading for pleasure - and FINALLY - read what you want.” In addition to its hip, graphic layout, the blog recommends some great books- spanning young adult/teen favorites and NY TImes bestsellers.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment