Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Library Day #2

While I do endeavor to teach Kindergarten Kiddo to practice restraint in most things, checking out books from the library is not one of them; which explains this:


Can you believe that stack of books?  I’ll admit that when our haul is this large I approach the circulation desk with a mix of embarrassment and pride: YES we are greedy book hoarders - but  more importantly here - my Kiddo loves books.
I’m trying something new with this post: I’ve organized the books into categories.  Do you find this useful, or am I being needlessly obsessive? 

Books in a series:
Clifford's Word Book by Bridwell, Norman

Clifford Goes to Hollywood by Bridwell, Norman

Angelina Ballerina by Holabird, Katharine


Books with audio recordings:
The Curious Garden by Brown, Peter

Mr. Putter & Tabby Take the Train by Rylant, Cynthia

If the Dinosaurs Came Back by Most, Bernard

The Recess Queen by O'Neill, Alexis

Non-fiction books:
Zero by Otoshi,Kathryn

A Number of Animals by Wormell, Christopher

Picture books:
Cinderella by Askew, Amanda

Summer : An Alphabet Acrostic by Schnur, Steven

Dragon's Fat Cat by Pilkey, Dav


P.S.   According to my favorite tool, The Library Use Calculator, today’s haul has a retail value of $220!
Happy Reading

2 comments:

  1. I have felt the same emotional roller coaster when checking out a huge stack of books. I have the look of half pride half embarrassment at hauling this toppling mountain of books, that weighs more than my toddler, up to the machine and plopping it down with a thud that rattles the quiet of the library. Then I think how proud I am of my 2 1/2 year old who would rather read books than watch t.v. and I smile and hold my head high and drag my load out to the car with my mile long receipt trailing behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,
    Your little one is a lucky girl to have a Mommy like you! Thanks for you comment. It's good to know I'm not the only one out there who feels/experiences this! Sisters!!!!

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete